Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Signings, from the Cariboo to the Okanagan

A quick road trip last week saw "Soldier of the Horse" signed and delivered to readers in 100 Mile House and Kelowna.

What makes talking about "Soldier" very interesting is the fact that it prompts strangers to tell me about their grandfathers, great uncles, even great-great grandfathers, and their service in World War One. Some, like me, had fathers there. Recounting and hearing those stories often brings a lump to the throat.

Our visit to Nuthatch Books in 100 Mile House was a lot of fun. I chatted to many customers on Friday, the 28th of October, and exchanged stories with a few.










Mosaic Books in Kelowna saw a steady stream of interested customers reviewing my laptop images of the Canadian Cavalry. I try to provide a business card to every purchser, in the hope that further conversations take place. To all those who purchased or stopped to chat--thanks, and I hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment